Get Your Six-Pack By August
Want chiseled abs this summer? You know you won’t get it by rolling out of bed in the morning. It may take a little work, but the effort is worth it. In a matter of weeks you can have incredibly cut abs yourself by following these few simple steps combined with good old fashioned discipline. There are two major factors when working for a svelte mid-section; diet and exercise. However, the type of exercise and type of diet is what matters. You will want to maintain a high intensity cardio workout with weights. As for diet, eat lean protein, lots of greens and veggies, with fruit. Add in healthy fats and carbohydrates, such as avocados and sweet potatoes and you are on track for your six-pack. Begin by adding these exercises below to your weekly routine to see results soon!
This exercise works the obliques and upper abs. Use a 5-10 pound dumbbell or medicine ball. Complete 3 sets of 15 on each side.
- Hold dumbbell to outside of left leg in a squat position.
- Stand and lift weight diagonally across body, with weight over your head.
- Bring weight back to starting position in squat to complete one rep.
The Leaning Camel
This pose works the entire abdominal wall while working quads as well. Complete 15 times for three sets.
- Begin on knees with thighs parallel
- Hold a 5-8 pound dumbbell with hands in front of chest.
- Exhale and lean back, squeeze glutes and use abs to keep back straight.
Seated Russian Twist
This move gives your obliques a good workout.
- Begin by holding a dumbbell in both hands, sitting on ground with knees bent and heels held out in front of you.
- Lean back slightly and keep back straight
- Twist side to side bringing weight to the floor on either side of hip.
- Complete 16 rotations.
Get Your Full Body Workout At Franklin Athletic Club
Get fit this summer with a personal trainer, or just begin with group classes. Come in for a free tour and see what this Franklin community has to offer!